Byrati Basavaraj, Minister of Urban Development said that the works undertaken in Belagavi under the Smart City Scheme will be completed within the stipulated time of the Union and State Government.
Responding to a question by BJP’s Mahantesh Kavatagimath during Question hour in Vidhanaparishad, the minister said “the Smart City project should be completed by 2021-22. Road development, sewerage and other infrastructure projects under the scheme have to be implemented in densely populated areas and these projects need to be coordinated with ESCOM, BSNL and other departments”.
- More flights from Belagavi in summer schedule
- New Drones & EV Cluster Launched in Belagavi – First day itself brought LOIs worth Rs 400 Cr investments
- NPG recommends 6 Infrastructure projects including Belagavi-Raichur highway at its 45th Session
- AAI gives target to airports to achieve 100% use of Green Energy by 2024
- ‘It is up to the airlines to introduce air services to / from any airport’ – Vk Singh replies to Jolle
“The implementation of the Tilakwadi project has been delayed due to court disputes. However, the project will be implemented within the time frame set by the central and state government”, he said.
“Belagavi City was selected for the Smart City project in 2016. The grant Rs.500 crores over a period of 5 years have released. The central government has released Rs.294 crore and the state government has released Rs.300 crore. From these Rs.410 crore has been utilised. Belagavi stands 35th out of 110 smart cities in the country. Out of the 108 projects of Rs.999 Crores proposed, in the Smart City grant and in the public private partnership, 32 works amounting to Rs.95.28 crore have been completed. the 67 works amounting Rs.750 crores are in Progress and about to complete. And the 9 works worth Rs 153 crore are in the tender process.” Said minister.