Textiles industries of Belagavi
The textile industry of Belagavi district includes handlooms, powerlooms and spinning and weaving mills. It is one among the seven districts of the state where handlooms and powerlooms are 92 concentrated. Presently the handloom activity is diminishing on account of diversification to powerloom activity. The handlooms and powerlooms are noticed throughout the district. The taluka wise number of handlooms and powerlooms in Belagavi district
The number of handlooms in Ramdurg taluka (1185) is highest in Belagavi district, followed by Hukkeri (570) and Soundatti (355). The talukas which are dominated by handlooms are mostly traditional and also backward.
In case of powerlooms the Ramdurg taluka has 1793 powerlooms, next only to Belagavi (9828). Bailahongal ranks third in terms of number of powerlooms (1453) in the district.
The handloom and powerloom industry cannot be run without the pre-loom and post-loom activities. Quite a large number of persons are involved in pre and post loom activities. We have the statistics available with regard to the workers involved in pre-loom and post-loom activities in 10 talukas of Belagavi district.
The potentiality of handloom and powerloom Industry of Belagavi district in providing employment opportunities to the people of the district. Near about 56,000 people are engaged in pre and post loom activities together in handloom and powerloom sector.
Powerloom silk sarees made in Vadagaon, Belagavi
- The Textile industry plays very important role in Indian economy. It ranks second after the agriculture. M/S- RANI CHENNAMMA TEXTILE PARK PVT.LTD is registered private limited company in year 2013 proposing the business of manufacturing of cloth. Rani Chennamma Textile Park Pvt.Ltd is spread across in area 22 Acre in village NEJ, Tal-Chikkodi, Dist-Belgaum (Karnataka).
- M/S RANI CHENNAMMA TEXTILE PARK PVT.LTD, Company is located at Gate No.76&78, Near Chandratai Temple, Borgaon-Chikkodi State highway, A/p-Nej, Tal-Chikkodi, and Dist-Belgaum.
- M/S RANI CHENNAMMA TEXTILE PARK PVT.LTD is having ready N.A.Land of. Around 22 acres in NEJ. 40 loom work shed, 1 unit of cotton spinning, 1unit of Garment, 2 unit of sizing & 3 unit of warping.
- At present 1600 plus power-looms are working in 20 kms radius. More than 200 shuttleless looms are working in NIPANI – JATRAT industrial zone. In near future more than 500 new shuttleless looms are coming in RANI CHENNAMMA TEXTILE PARK Only.
- The park is formed with main objective of manufacturing of fabrics useful for various purposes.
- The main objective of the HIGH SPEED SIZING unit is to cater Weaving units located at Textile Park & other units at Nej. As of now the Sizing & Warping units at Nej are depending upon the units located at other parts of Belgaum districts as well as Ichalkaranji –Manchester of Maharashtra. This causes hardships to the Weaving units located at Nej in terms of quality, transportation, levy of taxes, and delay in work operations.
- The Young, Dynamic & Intelligent key promoter of the park is Mr.Ramswaroop Madanlal Bohara aged 40 years; he is native of Ichalkaranji (Maharashtra). He is running Textile business from last 20 Years in profitable manner. He has formed the park along with approx 50 persons with sole aim running the cloth manufacturing business in profitable manner.