With the efforts of Member of Rajya Sabha Iranna Kadadi, a new 100 bedded ESI hospital to come up at Udyambag area in Belagavi city. Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for Labour and Employment has given a green signal for the same.
MP Iranna Kadadi had raised few questions in the Rajya Sabha regarding ESI Hospital in Belagavi. With refer to assurance given in Rajya Sabha Starred Question No. 200 answered on 04.08.2022 regarding shortage of manpower in ESIC Hospitals wherein issue of construction of new 100 bedded hospital at Belagavi, Karnataka was raised. In this regard, Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for Labour and Employment has replied through a letter : –
1. As per existing ESIC policy, Medical Benefits across the country are provided primarily through respective State Government administered ESIS hospitals and dispensaries with a few such facilities developed and run by ESIC directly. In lieu of the services rendered under ESI Scheme by State Government, ESIC provides funds to the State Govt. based on prevailing number of Insured Persons (IPs). Further, Super Specialty services are provided through tie-up arrangement with public/private hospitals.
2. ESIC is also providing Super Specialty services through tie-up arrangement with public/ private hospitals and full expenditure incurred on Super Specialty is borne by ESI Corporation.
- Advertisement -
3. As per ESIC norms, minimum 50000 Insured Persons (IPs) population is required within a radius of 25 KM for setting up of a new 100 bedded ESI hospital.
4. At present, the IP population in the catchment area of Udyambagh, Belagavi (Karnataka) is around 94636.
5. Based on ESIC norms/ IP population criteria, setting up of new 100 bedded ESI hospital in Udyambagh, Belagavi (Karnataka) is feasible.
6. The existing hospital shall continue to provide medical benefits to ESI beneficiaries until the construction of new 100 bedded hospital is completed.
Also Read : Belagavi to get 100 bedded ESI Hospital and SRO
More.….Existing ESI hospital at Ashok nagar here is constructed in 3.1 acres of land. The Hospital building is in dilapidated condition, Structural audit of the building was conducted by National Institute of Technology (NIT),Tiruchiralli. It has been concluded in the report that ESIS hospital building and staff quarters are unfit for human occupancy, The institute has recommended that strenghtening of this building wont be cost effective since most of the structural elements are degraded.
Presently, 1.28 Lakh insured persons are attached with existing ESIS Hospital in Belagavi.