Karnataka chief minister BS Yediyurappa on Monday presented a budget allotment of ₹24,6207 crore as against the state budget of ₹22,9925 crore, registering an increase of over 7%.
Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa, who also holds the finance portfolio, has allocated funds for the following projects in Belagavi –
• Construction of ring road in Belagavi city; action to provide 50% of the land acquisition cost amounting to Rs.140 crore by the State Government
• Grant of Rs.463 crore from State Government for the 73 km long new railway line between Dharwad-Kittur-Belagavi
- Advertisement -
• Commencement of ‘Kolhapuri Footwear Cluster in Nippani, Belagavi
• A grant of Rs.50 crore to Kitturu Development Authority, for various development works and tourism facilities in the premises of Kitturu Fort.
• The Automated driving test tracks in Belagavi to be Inaugurated.
• Establishment of water testing laboratory
• Development of a manure unit in Belagavi City corporation
• ‘Smart handloom design studio’ in North Karantaka
• Clean housing learning center in Belagavi
• Upgradation of regional food safety laboratories of Belagavi
Efforts of Abhay Patil : Mla Abhay Patil had met the Chief minister recently for the funds allocation for the ring road in this budget and had informed him about the same.
Mla said that as he was made aware of this clause, I hav spoken about the same to the Chief Secretary and also the Chief Minister for the inclusion of a sum of around 190 crore as the share of the 50% land acquisition cost. Efforts are on that, the 190 crore allocation may be made in the upcoming budget so that the consent letter could be forwarded to NHAI”
“Once the Letter of consent is sent to NHAI, it will then start the land acquisition process”
However CM has included the same in the budget based on Abhay Patil’s Request. Now if everything goes without delay the ring road in Belagavi would be ready in 2.5-3 years from now.