Rani Channamma University has introduced National Education Policy-2020 from current academic year 2021-22. The National Education Policy is set against imperatives of preparing the new generation for the emergent requirements of 21st century.
University mentions, We need to mobilize the next generation academically, professionally, socially, economically and politically. The world has narrowed down in the Post-globalization scenario and the world-views of ‘Vishwamanava’ and ‘Vasudaiva Kutumbakam’ have come to the fore again. It is in this backdrop the role of education has assumed tremendous significance. Education today needs to bridge the barriers between nations and uphold the human values, integrity and harmonious relationships transcending borders.
There is a great deal of human resource that we have to prepare in a way that it can thrive in the pool of global human resources and global industrial markets. In this dynamic scenario we inevitably need to change our educational initiatives. Considering all these factors the National Education Policy has created a platform to evolve student-centered educational environment involving three components namely Knowledge, Employment and Skills.
They have mentioned that It is matter of pride that we are implementing such a National Policy at Rani Channamma University, and it is a pleasure to note that Karnataka state which is in the forefront of all worthy initiatives in the nation has pioneered the implementation of the New Education Policy.
Implementation : As per the Karnataka government order no.: ED 260 UNI 2019 (Part1), Bangalore, Dated: 17.08.2021, Rani Channamma University will be implementing National Education Policy-2020 from the current year starting with first year of graduation class from 2021-22.
Also read : Yet another feather in the cap of KLS GIT
1. Students in this current year have to choose between two Discipline Cores available at the respective colleges for BA or B.Sc degree. At the beginning of the 3rd year, one subject can be selected as a Major and another subject as a Minor or Two subjects can be chosen as Major subjects.
2. Along with two chosen Discipline Cores, students must select Open Electives and Discipline Electives in accordance with curriculum structure along with Kannada language and another language. For those students who have not learnt Kannada language at PUC or 10+2 or who do not have Kannada as a mother tongue a separate Kannada syllabus needs to be framed and taught.
3. Students need not select the Discipline Core pertaining to subject related Bachelor’s degrees. (B.Com, BCA, BBA, BVA, BPA, etc) They only need to select Kannada language and another language along with Open Electives and Discipline Electives in accordance with curriculum structure.
4. In the first year, if any student studies syllabus specified in National Skills Qualifications Framework Level 5 and earn required credits and for varied reasons exit from the course he will be issued a Certificate.
5. In the second year, if any student studies syllabus specified in National Skills Qualifications Framework Level 6 and earn required credits and for varied reasons exit from the course he will be issued a Diploma Certificate.
6. In the third year, if any student studies syllabus specified in National Skills Qualifications Framework Level 7 and earn required credits and for varied reasons exit from the course he will be issued a Bachelor Degree Certificate.
7. Students can pursue their fourth year in the same college with their chosen same subjects if National Skills Qualifications Framework Level 8 is available in that college. If they complete the fourth year course and earn required credits and complete the course they will be issued Bachelor Honours Degree Certificate. In the fourth year if their study includes Research Projects then such Graduate Honours Degree holders are eligible to directly join Doctoral (Ph.D) studies.
8. If the student does not have Bachelor’s Honours Degree classes at the college where the student is studying then he/ she may enroll in another college where it is available for the fourth year Graduate Honours Degree.
9. There is no compulsion for colleges to run fourth year Graduate Honors Degree classes.
10. If the student discontinues studies at any stage due to various reasons then he/ she can continue the studies from the same stage later on.
11. The maximum 40% of the credits that a student must earn at any stage of his study can be earned by him through official online course which will be credited to the academic account of the student.
12. The student must obtain at least 50% credits from the University from which he wants to Graduate.
13. The student has to fulfill the Pre-requisites of the supplementary requirements of the subject while selecting Discipline Core, Open Elective and Discipline Elective subjects. For example: If the student wishes to chose Physics or Mathematics subjects then he/ she should have studied those subjects at PUC or 10+2 levels. In case the student has not studied these subjects at PUC or 10+2 levels then the valid Pre-requisite course of the subject need to have been studied
14. Student may quit after even semesters to be issued specified Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Honours Degree. At every level, study should include the completion of two semsters.
15. Re-admissions can be taken only in Odd semesters.
16. Along with three year Graduate degree or four years Graduate Honours Degree, five years integrated Postgraduate degree programme may be run in eligible colleges. In cases where the student discontinues his studies for various reasons, Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Honours Degree may be awarded after completing three and four years of study respectively.
17. Postgraduate degrees are of one or two years durations. Graduates with four year Bachelor Honours Degree are eligible to join one year Postgraduate degree. Similarly three year Bachelor’s degree holders are eligible for two year postgraduate degree programme.
18. If the students pursuing two year postgraduate studies, quit after the completion of one year earning the required credits in the chosen subjects then they will be awarded Postgraduate Diploma degrees.