Following unstarred questions were raised in the parliament (Lok Sabha) by Member of Rajya Sabha Iranna Kadadi to the Minister of state for civil aviation V K Singh.
Minister of state for civil aviation V K Singh has given a written reply to the questions in Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
Questions from MP Iranna Kadadi :
- whether Government has received requests or proposals for additional flights connecting metro cities from Belagavi
- whether Government has assessed the demand and feasibility of introducing additional flights connecting metro cities from Belagavi, considering relevant factors;
- whether Government has explored the concept of multi-modal transportation integration, combining air travel with other modes of transportation, to provide seamless and convenient journeys between Belagavi and metro cities; and
- whether Government has explored themed or specialized flights, such as history tours or adventure tourism flights, to draw metro city tourists to Belagavi and its surroundings?
Answers by MoSCA VK Singh :
- Advertisement -
- Yes Sir. Ministry of Civil Aviation launched Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) – UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) on 21-10-2016 to stimulate regional air connectivity and make air travel affordable for the masses. The UDAN scheme envisages providing connectivity to unserved and underserved airports of the country through revival of the existing airstrips and airports.
- With the repeal of Air Corporation Act in March 1994, the Indian domestic aviation sector has been deregulated. Airlines are free to select whatever markets and network they wish to service. It is , therefore, now upto the airline operator for introduction of air services to / from any airport in country depending on their operational and commercial viability.
- In the 3rd round of bidding under UDAN, Belagavi airport was identified as an underserved airport for the operation of RCS flights. At present, RCS flights connecting Belagavi with Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Tirupati, Nagpur, Indore, Surat, Jodhpur and Jaipur are in operation. Belagavi is also connected with Bengaluru through a non-RCS flight.
- No such proposal is under consideration at present.