Megha Gas, the hydrocarbon division of Hyderabad-based Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Limited (MEIL), commenced its fourth compressed natural gas (CNG) station in Belagavi in association with Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) at Maruti Nagar on Airport road in the city.
Megha Gas CNG Stations in Belagavi
|CNG Stations in Belagavi||Location|
|MEGHA GAS CNG STATION, Gandhi Nagar||Indian Oil Petrol Pump, RS No 1056/2, Gandhi Nagar, Zakriya Mohalla, Belagavi|
|MEGHA GAS CNG STATION, Khanapur Road||Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Sy No 349-5/1, Khanapur Road, NH 748, Udyambag Khanapur road, Belagavi|
|MEGHA GAS CNG STATION, Kangrali||Bharat Petroleum Petrol Pump, NH 4, Kangrali, Belagavi|
|MEGHA GAS CNG STATION, Airport Road||Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Airport road, Maruti Nagar, Belagavi|
Megha Gas is already supplying gas to households in Belagavi City, and started selling CNG from 2019. Company will set up more stations in Belagavi district in coming days.
CNG stands for compressed natural gas. It is gaseous fuel and is a mixture of hydrocarbons mainly Methane. For use in Automobiles as fuel, it is compressed to a pressure of 200-250 Kg/cm² to enhance the vehicle on-board storage capacity.CNG is a fossil fuel substitute for other auto fuels such as petrol, diesel, Auto LPG etc..
CNG is known for being one of the cleanest transport fuels available, not just with respect to vehicle emissions, but also for fuel production. CNG is a viable alternative fuel particularly useful in the transportation sector.
- Advertisement -
It is quickly becoming the preferred transportation fuel for vehicles of all sizes because of price stability, lower maintenance costs and less emissions.
Benefits of CNG
- Fuel Savings –Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) could save up to 40% over conventional fuels, and CNG vehicles are available for all types of applications, including business fleets and vehicles for personal use.
- Environmental Benefits –CNG vehicles produce up to 90% fewer emissions than gasoline or diesel and reduce greenhouse gases 20-29% over diesel and gasoline.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs –Since natural gas burns cleaner than gasoline or diesel, it is not uncommon for them to last longer than gasoline and diesel engines.
- Quieter –CNG Vehicles have an 80-90% lower noise level than comparable diesel vehicles.
- Incentives –Significant federal and/or state tax credits and other incentives are often available for converting to NGVs.
Image for Representation purpose only