Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai chaired a conference of Deputy Commissioners at the Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru on Sunday.
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on Sunday instructed Deputy Commissioners to bring in change in the district administration and face challenges unitedly to make administration more responsive to the public.
The Chief Minister directed officials to take steps for expediting the implementation of programmes and projects mentioned in the State Budget for 2022-23.
He said steps should be taken for construction of mega hostels on university campuses in Belagavi, Kalaburagi, Bengaluru, Dakshina Kannada and Mysuru.
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, who also holds the Finance portfolio, presented his maiden budget on March 4 and he is eager to implement the same. It may be noted that CM had announced Multi-storied hostel complexes with a capacity of 1,000 to come up at Belagavi, Hubballi-Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mangaluru and Mysuru under ‘Deen Dayal Upadhayaya Sauharada Vidyarathi Nilaya’.
He also directed deputy commissioners to set up a separate cell in each district to address the grievances of the public
Steps should to be taken to open Grama One centers in Mandya, Mysuru, Dakshina Kannada, Hassan, Chamarajanagar, Raichur and Vijayanagar districts in the next one month, Mr. Bommai said at the meeting.
Other Highlights of the meeting:
* District administration plays a crucial role in the development of the State.DCs are the captains of administration.If the DC and DC’s office is proactive in its approach it would make the administration proactive automatically.
* DCs need to respond immediately to the woes of people.The times have changed.People will question your work if you are lax.
* Prevent irregularities in relief works.Corruption will not be tolerated.A slow attitude and red tapism would damage the image of the State.
* As this is the last year of this government’s term,all budget programmes should be implemented in time.
* DCs should visit the offices of Tahsildars and Additional Deputy Commissioners atleast once a week.Ensure no pending applications or petitions.
* Monitor the stocks of sowing seeds and fertilizers ahead of the sowing season.Ensure that there is no shortage of stock.
* Take measures to grant land for burial grounds in every village.
* Increase Covid testing.Genome sequencing is not needed for every case.
Corruption and red tapism will not be tolerated,” Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai sent a clear and strong message to the Deputy Commissioners of all the districts at the meeting he chaired to review the progress of implementation of 2022-23 budget programmes.
The Chief Minister called upon the top brass of bureaucracy to take a pledge to change the style of administration.