As Covid19 cases steadily increasing in Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai holds a meeting with members of the COVID19 Task Force and experts in Bengaluru on Tuesday and decides to impose weekend curfew, Night Curfew, 50 percent occupancy rule across state.
The number of patients is doubling in less than three days and the number stood at 2,053 on Tuesday, according to the official data. The weekend curfew, which starts from this Friday at 10 PM, will be in force till 5 am on Monday. The 10 pm-5 am night curfew is already in force.
The Technical Advisory Committee has suggested imposing additional containment measures to contain the spread of infection due to COVID 19 and to continue with focused implementation of the five-fold strategy of test-track-treat-vaccination and adherence to COVID-appropriate behaviour.
Here are the Covid-19 restrictions issued by the state:
• There will be a night curfew between 10 pm and 5 am daily.
• All offices will function 5 days a week from Monday to Friday during this period.
• The Government Secretariat will run with official below the rank of Under Secretary at 50% of the working strength.
• There shall be weekend curfew from Friday 10 pm to Monday 5 am in the State as per the guidelines attached
• The Public transport including BMRCL will operate as per the directions of the Chief Executive of the organization to cater to the needs of people for emergent purposes during the weekend curfew.
• In Bengaluru Urban district, all schools and colleges except, Medical and Para Medical will remain closed with effect from 06-01-2022 except class 10th, 11th and 12th
• Pubs/clubs/restaurants/bars/hotels/eating places in hotel etc, will function with 50% of the seating capacity strictly adhering to COVID
appropriate behaviour and entry to such places will be restricted to fully vaccinated persons.
• Cinema halls/multiplexes/theatres/rangamandiras/auditorium and similar places to operate with 50% of its seating capacity strictly
adhering to COVID appropriate behaviour and entry to such places will be restricted to fully vaccinated persons.
• Marriage Functions are permitted to be conducted involving not more than 200 people in open spaces and 100 people in closed places
strictly adhering to COVID 19 appropriate behaviour and prevailing guidelines issued by State Government.
• Marriage Functions are permitted to be conducted involving not more than 200 people in open spaces and 100 people in closed places strictly adhering to COVID 19 appropriate behaviour and prevailing guidelines issued by State Government.
• Religious places are allowed to open only for Darshan. No seva, etc, is allowed. Entry of people will be restricted to 50 persons at any given
time who are fully vaccinated.
• Malls, shopping complexes, all stand alone shops and establishment shall operate as usual during week days.
• Swimming pools and gyms shall operate at 50% capacity but entry will be restricted to fully vaccinated persons.
• Sports complexes and Stadia are allowed to function with 50% capacity.
• All rallies, dharnas, protests are prohibited.
• There shall be intensive surveillance at the border of Kerala and Maharashtra as per the prevailing circular/guidelines issued by Department of Health and family Welfare, Govt. of Karnataka. The same guidelines are extended to State of Goa. The checks are on all modes of transports that is air, train and road.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 5l to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section l88 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable
The above mentioned rules wil be in force from 10 pm 05-01-2022 and will remain in force force upto 19-01-2022 (5 am)
Guidelines for weekend curfew :
Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between Friday 8 pm to Monday 5 am, except for essential and emergency activities as mentioned below:
1. All State and Central Government offices and their Autonomous Bodies, Corporations, etc, dealing with emergency, essential services and COVID 19 containment and management duties shall be fully functional and officers/personnel of the same shall be allowed unrestricted movement.
2. All public parks are closed.
3. All the industries including IT industries are exempted from the restriction of curfew and their employees are allowed movement to and fro movement on producing valid ID card issued by their respective organization/institution.
4. Patients and their attendants/persons requiring emergency need, eligible people intending to take vaccination shall be allowed movement with minimal proof.
5. Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, dairy and milk booths, and animal fodder shall be allowed to function. Street vendors allowed to function. Public Distribution System shops are allowed to function. Home delivery of all items shall be encouraged 24×7 to minimize movement of individuals outside their homes. Operations shall be subject to adhering to National Directives for COVID 19 management.
6. Restaurant and eateries shall be allowed only for take away and home delivery.
7. Movement of trains and air travel are permitted. Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminals/stops/stands is allowed for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road. The movement will be allowed only on displaying valid travel documents/tickets and strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behavior.
8. Marriage Functions are permitted to be conducted involving not more than 200 people in open spaces and 100 people in closed places strictly adhering to COVID 19 appropriate behaviour and prevailing guidelines issued by State Government.