Applications are invited from eligible candidates to be filled purely on temporary basis in the following ad-hoc extramural research project.
Title of the Project: Preclinical evaluation of long-term safety, anti-diabetic efficacy, and molecular mechanism of phytopharmaceutical from traditionally used plant NITM-156
Duration: Three years (Renewable for the project duration subject to performance and project requirement)
Posting at: ICMR-NITM Belagavi
Title of the Project: Evaluation of AYUSH GMH in the subjects of mild to moderate non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) – A Double Blind Randomized control clinical study
Duration: One year (Renewable for the project duration subject to performance and project requirement)
Posting at: ICMR-NITM Belagavi
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates willing to apply for the post may download application form from the ICMR-NITM website (www.icmrnitm.res.in). Duly filled hardcopy of the application affixing recent passport size colored photograph along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and experience should be sent to The Director, ICMR-National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi-590010 before 05.00 PM of 29.04.2022 While sending appli ations, candidates should attach the application form, along with documents related to education and experience in chronological order. Late received applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be called for Interview (offline/online), no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Number of vacancies are likely to vary.
- Above positions are for ad-hoc extramural research projects purely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project.
- Recruitment will depend upon requirement of project and subject to approval of the competent authority.
- The rates of emoluments/ stipend are project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the project depending on availability of funds.
- Age Concession: Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, project employees and ex- Serviceman in accordance with the instructions issued by ICMR from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons, subject to approval of competent authority.
- Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the last date of application i.e. 29.04.2022.
- Reserved category candidates must produce their Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate
- Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline / field from an Institution of repute. Experience gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification will only be considered.
- Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
- Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- No TA/DA will be paid and candidates have to arrange transport/ accommodation themselves for written test/ interview.
- The institute reserves right to consider or reject any application / candidature.
- Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
- Selected candidate will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.
- Selected candidate shall not have any claim on a regular post in this Institute or in any Department of Government of India and their project service will not confer any right for further
assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment / absorption in funding agency or in this institute. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, etc. are not admissible.
- Initial appointment will normally be for a period of one year or the period mentioned in the advertisement. Further continuation/extension of service will depend on tenure of the project and performance of the concerned project employee by his/her project investigator, subject to approval of competent authority.
- The Project Investigator and/or appointing authority reserves the right to terminate the service of project personnel even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
- The Director, NITM reserves the right to cancel/ modify the recruitment process at any time, at his discretion.
- The decision of the Director, NITM will be final and binding.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Date for Interview (offline/online) will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates in due course of time.
- The applications not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
- Further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on our websites only.