Indian telecom operator, Reliance Jio’s 5G services is now available in Belagavi city after Bengaluru and Mysuru in the state.
Jio is the first operator to start 5G service in Karnataka’s second capital Belagavi. Jio is increasing the Jio 5G footprint city by city on an ongoing basis.
Currently 5G network is available in areas like in Mahantesh Nagar, Shri nagar, Ashok nagar, Rani Chennamma Circle area, Shivabasava Nagar, Nanawadi and Tilakwadi etc.
As per the test we conducted in Mahantesh Nagar, the Jio 5G download speed is recorded up to 711.50 Mbps and upload speed is 16.1 Mbps. Very soon all areas of Belagavi will be have access to 5G network.
- Advertisement -
Jio True 5G is available in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Kolkata, Varanasi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Nathdwara, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tirumala, and all 33 district headquarters of Gujarat with the Jio Welcome Offer. Jio has recently launched Jio True 5G in Gwalior, Jabalpur, Ludhiana, Siliguri, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Bhopal, Indore, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Lucknow, Chandigarh Tricity, including areas of Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, and Derabassi.
As per company, By December 2023, 5G will be live in every town, every taluka, and every tehsil of country.
Jio welcome offer
Under Jio Welcome Offer you will be provided additional Unlimited 5G data along with the existing entitlements under your active recharges/plans.
- The additional unlimited 5G data will work as long as you have a valid active base plan.
- Additional unlimited 5G data benefit will be used for your usage on 5G network and the data entitlement under your active base plan will be used for your usage on 4G network.
4G or 5G ?
5G is the 5th generation mobile network which is the latest in mobile telecommunication technology. Jio is deploying the most advance version of 5G, called Stand-Alone 5G, which has zero dependency on existing 4G network. With Stand-Alone 5G, Jio can deliver new and powerful services such as low latency connectivity, massive machine-to-machine communication, 5G voice, edge computing and network slicing, and metaverse.
How to switch to 5G network
If you have already received the notification, and are still not able to connect to 5G, here is a quick guide on how to activate the Jio 5G network on your smartphone.
- Go to your phone’s ‘Settings’
- Find and select ‘Mobile network’ or a similar option.
- Next, select the Jio SIM and then select the ‘Preferred network type’ option.
- You will see options including 3G,4G and 5G. select 5G.
- Once the 5G network is selected, you will see the 5G symbol on the network status bar of your smartphone.