Minister for Major and Medium Irrigation Ramesh Jarkiholi Inaugurated the Republic Day celebrations at the Belagavi District Stadium.
The State government plans to invest over ₹ 2,100 crore in new irrigation and drinking water projects in Belgavi district alone, Minister said. This is apart from the projects worth ₹ 7,500 crore that are already in progress.
Irrigation and Drinking water Projects :
• He Said, the State government has provided administrative and technical approval to the Ghatti Basavanna Drinking Water Scheme in Gokak which will be taken up at ₹ 990 crore.
• Work is in progress on the Ghataprabha Left Bank Canal and the Ballari Nala projects.
• Irrigation projects Tubachi Babaleshwar, Chachadi, Muragod, Veerabhadreshwar, Kempawad, Godachinamalki and Salapur are nearing completion.
Belagavi City development :
• Belagavi City Corporation has received ₹ 125 crore under the Mahatma Gandhi Nagar Vikas Scheme.
• Belagavi Urban Development Authority will create a new township in Kanabargi at a cost of ₹ 165 crore on 160 acres of land.
• An international level hockey stadium will be built on 40,000 square metres in Kanabargi village at a cost of ₹ 300 crore.
• Officials have spent ₹ 366 crore of the ₹ 494 crore under the Clean and Beautiful Belagavi Programme.
• As many as 27 of the 101 projects under Smart City Scheme have been completed till now, the Minister said
Source : The Hindu