The Karnataka government has allowed economic and other activities to begin in a graded manner from today i.e., 6 am of June 14 to 6 am of June 21 after holding a review meeting on June 12.
The weekend curfew would be in force from 7 PM on June 18 to 5 AM on June 21. And the night curfew would be in force on each night on remaining days between 7 PM to 5 AM during the aforementioned period
COVID-19 induced lockdown measures will continue in 11 districts – Chikkamagaluru, Shivamogga, Davangere, Mysuru, Chamarajanagara, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi and Kodagu – with a high positivity rate till June 21
Some relaxations has been given in 20 districts – Kolar, Bengaluru city, Ramnagar, Chikkaballapur, Tumkur, Ballari, Vijaynagar, Udupi, Uttara Kannada, Chitradurga, Dharwad, Haveri, Gadag, Bagalkot, Vijayapura, Koppal, Raichur, Yadagiri, Kalaburagi, Bidar.
1) All industries have been permitted to operate with 50 per cent staff strength, but garment industries, with only 30 per cent.
2) Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, dairy and milk booths and animal fodder shall be allowed to function from 6 am to 2 pm.
3) Street vendors, ration shops, standalone liquor shops and outlets (take away only) and optical shops will be allowed during the same period.
4) All construction activities/repair works, including shops/ establishments dealing with construction material, especially cement and steel outside the containment zone are permitted.
5) The relaxation in lockdown measures in the 19 districts will be in place from 6 am on June 14 to 6 am on June 21.
6) Taxis and auto-rickshaws can run with a maximum of two passengers.
7) The government offices of agriculture and allied, PWD, Housing, RTOs, Cooperation, NABARD and Revenue departments and Government of India offices can function with 50 per cent staff.
8) During the night and weekend curfew, movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited.There would be no restriction on movement of all types of goods through trucks, goods vehicles or any goods carriers.
9) Home delivery of goods and operations of E-Commerce companies has been permitted.
10) Self-restraint is necessary and people should cooperate with the police.
11) Parks will be open from 5 am to 10 am for walkers and joggers.
Whats allowed in Locked districts –
Buying essentials between 6am to 10am is allowed which includes following –
• Sale of Milk
• Food Delivery (Hotels can provide parcels to registered food delivery agencies, and individual can visit hotel by walk and get parcels)
• Visit hospital for emergency
• Marriages already fixed with prior permission
• Transport vehicles traveling to interstate and inter-district.
• PDS Ration shops and Agricultural seva Kendras from 6- 10 AM only
• Ryot Kendras upto 12 PM
• Seed/ fertilisers from 6 am to 12 PM with permission from PDO
Unnecessary travel for persons is banned under Section 144 of the Indian Penal Code 1973.