The Swachh Survekshan 2020 results announced by the Union ministry of housing and urban affairs Today put Belagavi at the 228th rank (out of 382), slightly better than its 277th rank in 2019. However, the city still has a long way to go.
There is a reason that pushed rank of Belagavi is because Open defication free (ODF) Certification. Among things that may have retarded Belagavi’s chances of improving further are said to be lack of waste management measures
So far as state-wise rankings go, Karnataka stood at the 11th place.
- Advertisement -
The ranking parameters included segregation and processing of waste at source, sanitation, ODF status, financial sustainability of local bodies and adoption of innovative and best practices.
* Door-to-door collection
* Segregation at source
* Sweeping of public, commercial and residential areas
* Waste storage bins, litter bins and material recovery facility
* Bulk waste generators’ compliance
* Scientific waste processing/landfilling
* User fees, penalties, spot fines for littering
* Citizen grievance redressal and feedback system
* Cleaning of storm water drains
* Waste reduction
* Enforcement of plastic ban
City’s previous positions
* 2017: 248
* 2018: 268
* 2019: 277