The Honorable Chairman of the Karnataka Legislative Council Basavaraj Shivalingappa Horatti on Monday paid Visit to Suvarna vidhana soudha as government has decided to conduct Winter session at Suvarna Vidhana Soudha this December.
Horatti held discussion regarding the preparations with district officials.
Highlights of today’s press meet :
• The Winter Session has not been held in Belagavi since 2018. This time a live broadcast of entire Session is being arranged. A preparatory meeting was held to discuss the matter.
- Advertisement -
• Meeting of e-Governance, Public Utilities and Information Department Officers to ensure proper preparation.
• This time the session is scheduled to go live.
• Officers are directed to make all preparations by 20th of November.
• All sorts of steps have been taken to conduct the session. The session will be held in December this year. The government will decide the date very shortly.
• Basavaraj Horatti said that The construction of Shasakara Bhavana (House of Legislators) beside Suvarna Vidhana Soudha is pending since years, This will be brought to the notice of the government in consultation with the chief minister. The Government will take appropriate action by discussing the pros and cons of the construction of Shasakara Bhavana near Suvarna Vidhana Soudha.
• Horatti said that ‘It is my opinion that it is appropriate to build a house of legislators (Shasakara Bhavana) as session will be held in Belagavi every year.’
• Relocation of state level offices of various departments to Suvarna Vidhana Soudha
* There is no provision to make legislators attendance compulsory. But lawmakers are expected to participate in more numbers during Belagavi session.
• Discussion of issues in North Karnataka will be given priority in this session.
District Collector MG Hiremath, Secretary to the Legislative Council Mahalaxmi and many others were present.