Members of Parliament (MPs) from Belagavi met Minister of Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia on Wednesday in New Delhi and requested for sanction of new flight and continuing the several flights from Belagavi Airport.
Mp Iranna Kadadi, Mp Mangal Angadi and Mp Annasaheb Jolle on Wednesday met Minister Scindia.
Here is the details of request letter submitted by MPs to Aviation Minister :
With reference to the above subject, I would like to inform you that, my nodal district Belagavi is biggest District in Karnataka, and Belagavi Airport, serving in the village Sambra the city of Belagavi (Belgaum), and it is the oldest Airport in North Karnataka and was built by the Royal Air Force (RAF) in 1942
- Advertisement -
- Belgavi airport awarded 13 Cities connections under UDAN-III to 5 Airlines (Indigo, SpiceJet, Alliance Air, Star air and Trujet).
- Alliance air discontinued P’une sector from 28 october, 22.
- SpiceJet discontinued Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai sector in last 2 months,Delhi cancelled from 9th December 2022. There was very good load for all 3 sectors.
- Delhi load was 280 passengers per day, it means on and average 140 arrival & 140 departures in last 13 months 5 At present, Two(2) Airlines are operating to 9 cities.
- Indigo is operating to Hyderabad and Bengaluru
- Star air is operating to Surat, Ahmedabad Jodhpur, Mumbai, Indore, Nagpur, and Tirupati All Lord are extremely good.
- There is a great disappointment in the people of Belgavi for discontinuing DELHI, Mumbai flight by SpiceJet and discontinuing Nashik flight by Star air.
- It is requested to Resume the Delhi flight, Mumbai flight by SpiceJet and Nashik flight by StarAir.
- Request from the people of Belgavi,to connect Belagavi to Varanasi,due to lot of work force, students Business community, Tourism spots,Close to Ayodhya, Prayagraj, Lucknow, Haridwar
- Request to Indigo Airlines to add more new sectors from Belagavi like Chennai, Mysuru, Mengaluru& Pune which are in high demand.
In this regard, there is a lot of request from the Public/Passenger request to starts several flights and continuing the flights from Belagavi Airport. Therefore, it is humbly requested to continue the old ones and start more flights to other new cities from Belagavi Airport. Kindly consider our request and direct the concerned authority for further needful process a as as early as possible.
Minister has responded positively for the request said Iranna Kadadi