The delegation led by Mla Abhay Patil, MP Iranna Kadadi along with the members of the Belagavi Chamber of commerce and other industry associations had a fruitful meeting with Chief minister Basavraj Bommai in Bengaluru on Thursday.
Delegation submitted a memorandum was submitted on the occasion and recieved a positive response from CM Basavaraj Bommai.
Here is the request letter that was submitted :
The Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries , The Belgaum District Small Scale Industries Association, The Belgaum Foundry Cluster, The Institute of Indian Foundrymen (Belgaum Chapter), The Belgaum Manufacturer’s Co-Op Industrial Estate Ltd., Laghu Udyog Bharati – Karnataka (Belagavi Unit), The Belgaum City Chemists & Druggists Association, The Belgaum Automobile Dealers Association
Shri Basavaraj Bommai ji, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore
Sub: Development of Belagavi District
Under your able leadership the State Government is proactive, pro-development and striving for growth of the state. We appreciate the initiatives taken to bring in global investment and create an atmosphere conductive for economic growth. We also acknowledge your ambitious project announced recently for funding and development of six “high-tech” cities near Kalaburagi, Mysuru, Mangaluru, Hubballi-Dharwad and Bengaluru regions & also a Start-up Park concept.
However, we are clearly unhappy about side-lining of Belagavi District, a tradition which we strongly believed your government will discontinue and give due credit to the hardworking citizens of this self-enterprising northern district which is also the second-largest exporter of the state & also has 310 start-ups (3rd highest in the state).
The citizens are disheartened and carry the notion of having Belagavi being reduced only to a namesake second capital of the Karnataka State. With contribution of INR 15,000 crores (5.3%) to state GDP (2012-13) and the second most populous district is painfully the eighth lowest (of 30 districts) in per capita income at only INR 1.16 Lakh (2019-20).
This explains the motivation of people to migrate for employment and for business to seek greener pastures in the neighbouring states of Goa and Maharashtra, despite possessing a strategic location in the Bengaluru-Mumbai Industrial Corridor. We are unable to leverage this advantage due to poor air/rail/road connectivity and lack of large scale infrastructure to match global standards and power up the economic growth of North Karnataka.
Belagavi despite of these many handicaps, is an enterprising district, and stills easily qualifies for requirements of the tech park. Given such development impetus Belagavi can definitely give better and faster returns to the state exchequer and contribute immensely to the state revenue
Demands of Trade & Industries for the Betterment and Development of Belagavi District
- Manufacturing Industry
- New Industrial Estate around 2000 Acre with Five Star Infrastructure facilities on the lines of MIDC Maharashtra for bringing PSUs, Large Scale and Multinational business to Belagavi.
- New Foundry Park over 500 acres including 100 acres earmarked for Hydraulics and Manufacturing Industries
- Flatted factory complexes for Micro, Small Scale Industries and Start-ups at affordable prices.
- Support and Facilitation of private industrial estates from 10 to 50 acres as a Special Case for Belagavi District.
- Clear distinction / separation of the industrial zones with buffer zone to protect from residential and commercial encroachment.
- Planning of Ring Road keeping in mind industrial estates for easy movement of Goods which will benefit the exporter / Manufacturers.
- Widening and construction of National Highway connecting Belagavi to Goa through Chorla Ghat. This has to be taken up through NHAI.
- New Direct Rail line connecting Kolhapur, Belagavi and Hubballi alongside the National Highway.
- Airport Infrastructure Modernization with capacity increase.
- Increase of Direct flights to Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, & Ahmedabad
- Daily Two Additional Morning flights to Bangalore.
- Rail – Expedite the construction of Inland Container Depot (ICD) at Sambra which is pending since 2019 which will support the Customs Clearances for Exporters.
- Air- To expedite the establishment of Air Cargo Terminal at Belagavi Airport to facilitate exports.
- ESIC Hospital: – As committed in the last Winter session held at Belagavi December 2021, construction of New ESIC hospital in Udyambag / Machhe Industrial area to be taken up urgently.
- ECOMS: Planning of Separate feeders for Existing and planned Industrial Estates.
- To provide 50% Subsidy to new Entrepreneurs and for Upgradation of Existing Units.
We therefore request your good-self to kindly look into this matter seriously and take
the necessary action for the betterment and Development of Belagavi District.
Hope you will consider our request and do the needful.
For The Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries