A Rs.6.31-lakh surplus budget was presented for the Belagavi City Corporation for 2022-23 by Belagavi District Collector MG Hiremath here on Wednesday. The budget was unanimously approved.
Belagavi District Collector MG Hiremath who presented the budget, said that the revenue receipts from rentals, property tax and other sources stood at Rs.447.65 crore and the expected expenditure was Rs. 447.58 crore.
Grants / Allocations :
- It is decided to spend Rs 550.00 lakhs for the maintenance of street lights. And LEDs in collaboration with SMart City throughout the city. The project has been undertaken.
- Rs.550.00 lakhs have been allocated for the implementation of road, sewer, sidewalk, rain water management and road guidelines.
- Rs. 500.00 lakhs for various essential infrastructure of the city in case of emergency.
- Rs.509.00 lakhs have been earmarked for the welfare of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes.
- Rs.169.37 lakhs have been earmarked for the welfare of the backward classes.
- For the development of welfare of persons with disabilities Rs.116.87 lakhs have been earmarked.
- Rs. 200.00 lakh is earmarked for the construction of infrastructural works in the Udyambag industrial area such as drinking water supply and toilets.
- Under the Day-Nalma Scheme, Rs.500 lakhs for the Vending zones & Rest rooms (For womens) for street vendors in six locations in the city
- Rs. 200.00 lakhs have been earmarked to supply Dust Bin for Dry and Wet garbage Assortment for Homes.
- Rs.100 lakhs for The Children park & Nani park
- Rs 100.00 lakhs reserved for construction of Pink toilets for women. A special fund for the encouraging womens – Rs.50 lakhs
- Rs.50.00 lakhs will be earmarked for building a homeless shelter for women under the Day-Nalma Scheme.
- Rs.100.00 lakhs has been reserved for the installation of the statues in major circles.
- Rs.60.00 Lakhs have been earmarked for the maintenance of street dogs in the City area.
- Rs.50.00 lakhs has been earmarked for infrastructure in the premises of District Secretariat.
- Rs.30.00 lakhs have been reallocated for the welfare of journalists.
- On the advice of the MLAs and the public for the maintenance of various cemeteries, a sum of Rs.50.00 lakh has been set aside for eco-cremation.
- 50.00 lakhs has been earmarked for the prevention of the epidemic in the city area.
- Rs.13.61 lakh has been earmarked for sports, accounting for 1% of the total income.
- Rs. 50.00 Lakhs have been earmarked for the maintenance of Swimming Pool, Badminton Hall and Hi-Tech gym for Sports activities owned by the City Corporation.
- Rs. 10.00 lakhs has been earmarked for making alternative items such as paper bags, clothing bags and other bags through SHGs to make a single use plastic in the city.
- It is intended to strengthen the four sub-divisional centers of the city, and to provide basic services such as decentralization of governance, public services such as payroll, property tax payment, birth and death certificates, e-property, business licensing and renewal. Etc. Rs.20.00 lakhs reserved.
- For the benefit of the public, Notifications regarding property tax and water bills details will be provided through SMS.