Large & Medium Scale Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani stated that Gautam Adani has in principle agreed to invest Rs 50,000 crore in Karnataka, would be finalised in the ‘Global Investors’ Meet (GIM) to be held from November 2.
Speaking at the inauguration of ‘TiECON Hubballi 2022‘ entrepreneurship summit organised by The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) in Hubballi on Saturday, Nirani stated that more investment would come if the required infrastructure is provided.
Minister said, Adani has agreed to invest in Karnataka in three big projects, During the Invest Karnataka global investors meet to be held on November 2,3, and 4 in Bengaluru, Mr. Adani would be announcing his projects for the State’
Three Mega Projects :
- Advertisement -
1. A tunnel will be built near Sakleshpur under the Public-private partnership (PPP) model to reduce the distance between Bengaluru and Mangaluru.
2. An international airport will be constructed at Kittur town in Belagavi district. Which will help attract more investment in Hubballi and Belagavi.
3. Tadadi port will be developed to boost exports by connecting the hinterland of north Karnataka.
New Industrial areas :
1. Steps would be taken to acquire 500 acres or 1,000 acres of land near Hubballi-Dharwad for industrial purposes.
2. 1,000 acres of land is being acquired on Goa Road in Khanapur in Belagavi district, and industries there would have easy access to airport and port, Nirani said.